December 22, 2014

New Year Muffin Tin Jewelry Challenge


I ran this challenge a few years ago on the Art Bead Scene and I have had several folks ask if I would do it again. What better time than to start the new year with a bang! Join me for this fun challenge that will get you making new jewelry and using up some of your bead stash. 

The challenge is simple:
Fill the cup of a muffin tin with everything you need for one project - so the focal bead, accents, chain, findings - whatever you would need to complete one project and put that in one cup.  Repeat with the other 11 cups.  You now have 12 projects in a portable container ready for you to put together.  Grab your pliers/tools and sit somewhere comfy with your muffin tin and put each piece together knowing all your choices have already been made - your mission is to simply arrange those beads in a sassy design and complete those 12 projects as quickly as possible!

So let's play!  

Grab a muffin tin and put together 6-12 projects by January 4th (Midnight EST).  This will be the perfect way to beat those post-holiday blues and jump start your New Year! 

Take a photo of your muffin tin and one photo of all finished projects (at least 6) - blog, facebook or add it to a free album like Flickr and share the link below with the Inlinkz tool.  

On the 5th, I will pick one random winner to receive a $75 gift certificate from Humblebeads.com and two runner-up winners for a bead stash gift of $30 worth of beads from my studio, it will include Humblebeads and a few surprises that I've picked up from the big bead shows this year.  

When you leave your comment make sure it has your email or connects to your profile with easy to find contact info, so I can reach the winners. 

Pictured above are treasures from Bead & Button and include art beads from: Golem Beads, Vintage Meadows, Lisa Peters and Humblebeads.


18 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Woohoo! I am in! I still have projects pending from the last muffin tin challenge (maybe this time I will actually finish what I start!) Enjoy the day! Erin

Di C said...

I like the idea of this challenge!

Anonymous said...

I would like to jump in this challenge. I heard about it the last time and it sounded like fun, even without any gift incentive. I'm grabbing a muffin tin tomorrow morning and starting my gathering.

Charlie said...

Sounds like fun and I've got so many ideas...

Karin G said...

This is exactly what I need right now! I'll go and dig into my bead stash.

Lotus said...

I really NEED to do this! Do we start now, before Christmas, or wait until after. I'm taking my aunt to Cincinnati to visit her son and his family right after Chrismas and not getting back until NYE, so if we can start now maybe I could finish by the 5th. But on the other hand, the prize is nice, but I'm focused more on getting motivated. Well, we'll see! Terri G

Alice said...

Sounds like fun. I'd better get to it as its right around the corner

Mary K. McGraw said...

I would like to give it a try.

Shai Williams said...

This sounds like so much fun! My creativity has really ebbed the last month or so and this sounds like just the way to get it going.

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

How neat-this is exactly what i am needing right now!

CraftyHope said...

Oh, I want to play along so badly. . .I might just have to see what I can pull together in the next day or two. Don't count me out just yet, this may be the inspiration I need as I've not touched my beads in far too long. Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Unknown said...

Well are you sitting down?
I am going to make some beads tomorrow, so that I can join in. I am going to use some of your focal beads that I have been hoarding, and will endeavour to make some beads to go with them. I don't think that I will be able to make 12 things as I don't have enough supplies, but it is all about the taking part isn't it.

Unknown said...

What an awesome challenge! I always have "special" pieces just waiting for my attention. I have filled my muffin tin and taken a pic. Time to create!

Terri said...

Missed your first muffin tin challenge. I hope to be able to get it together for this one. Thanks Heather for the motivation!

The Crazy Creative Corner said...

That's such a great idea and I'd love to since I haven't been in my craft room for a year (reasons why on my blog & FB pg). Hmm... I want to, as I'm also not being prodded by my creative muse right now and this might do the trick... hmmm... hmmmmm (*squiiiiints* with indecision)

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisanne said...

This really works! After having a year off dealing with the "C" word I was invited to put my wares in a 5 week constant running holiday show at a B&B. Well, I had nearly nothing ready and went into the studio and just stared......my mind went blank! I got my muffin tins out and just started playing and filling the tins. I had very little time to produce, but when I had the time all my ideas were in my tins. Some I temp strung so I would remember and others I did mini post-it's with sketches. It is a great idea and I was way, way more relaxed! Never thought anything would sell but figured at least I was back in the game......but things sold, yay, confidence back! Everyone should do this!

Sandy said...

Didn't see this post until this morning, day before end of challenge...hmmm will see what I can do in a short time, at least it will be a jump start to a new year of creativity. Adore your beads!